Did you know that we aren’t born with phobias? Phobias are a learned response to certain objects or situations. The mind and body can become accustomed to associating a phobia with strong feelings of anxiety, panic, and horror. This association can be formed through personal experiences or by observing others’ reactions to the object of the phobia. Once the body becomes accustomed to releasing adrenaline in response to the phobia, it is likely to continue doing so. Most phobias are not caused by a single traumatic event, so it is not necessary to remember the specific cause or timing of its development. The important thing is to find a way to address the phobia and overcome it. Phobias can limit an individual’s life, but hypnotherapy is an effective treatment that can quickly and easily help individuals overcome their fears and live their lives to the fullest.
Effective treatment for a phobia
If you have a phobia that is holding you back and preventing you from living your life to the fullest, hypnotherapy may be the solution you need. Having suffered from a couple phobias myself in the past I am dedicated to helping individuals overcome their phobias, whether they are common fears like a fear of flying or more complex phobias like agoraphobia or claustrophobia. With hypnotherapy, you can permanently rid yourself of your phobia and move forward with confidence. Contact me to learn more about how hypnotherapy can help you overcome your phobia.
What is a Phobia
It is a form of Anxiety. Anxiety disorders, including panic disorder, are characterized by intense feelings of fear or anxiety in certain situations or in response to certain objects. These feelings can be accompanied by physical symptoms such as a surge of adrenalin and can be similar to the experience of a panic attack. People with anxiety disorders may go to great lengths to avoid the things they fear, which can interfere with their daily lives and enjoyment.
Some common Phobias
There are thousands of Phobias, so it’s impossible to list them all, but below is a short list of some of the most common ones.
- Social Phobia – shyness, or social anxiety
- Aerophobia – fear of flying
- Arachnophobia – fear of spiders
- Emetophobia – fear of vomiting
- Ornithophobia – fear of birds
- Glossophobia – fear of speaking in public
- Trypanophobia – fear of needles and injections
- Claustrophobia – a fear of being trapped or of enclosed spaces, or of not being able to control things
- Germophobia – fear of dirt or infection
- Acrophobia – fear of heights
- Odontophobia – fear of dentists
- Nosocomephobia – fear of hospitals
- Carcinophobia – fear of cancer
- Musophobia – fear of mice and rats
- Pseudodysphagia, or Phagophobia – fear of choking, or swallowing
- Tokophobia – fear of pregnancy and giving birth
- Hypochondriasis – fear of illness
If you have a phobia that is not listed, please contact me. Just because it is not listed does not mean that I haven’t come across it before.Regardless of the specifics of your phobia, even if you feel it’s really unusual, do not hesitate to reach out to me for help.
Appointments can be made via our online booking system
Check our price list here – https://peaceofmindhypnotherapy.uk/services/